Saturday, January 8, 2011

Hello fellow beaders! I’m excited about joining the Bead Journal Project for the first time this year. Now that I’m retired I felt making a one year commitment to this endeavor more feasible than in the past. I’ve decided to use my Picturetrail rather than a blog so watch there for my postings.

I’ve chosen as my theme “Mail Call’ -- this is in keeping with my hobby of collecting postcards and long time interest in mail art and postage stamps. The size is that of a continental postcard – 4 by 6 inches. Each month I will feature a vintage stamp, a vintage or found button, beadwork and quilting techniques. The improvisational design will be guided by the image on the stamp. With the variety of materials in my stash and my proclivity toward mixed-media this will be my usual assortment of ideas. I’ve about finished my first piece and decided to make a second which will preclude it in the monthly order. Watch for photos soon! I'll post again when I get them up. Meanwhile you can take a peek at my other creative endeavors if you want.
www.picturetrail.com/elsiemarley or click on my name in the side bar. Take Joy, Marlene (former Alaskan now in Western North Carolina)