Saturday, July 23, 2011

July Artist Trading Card done


Hi all - hope you are having a great summer. I'm home from teaching at art camp and finished my July ATC. This month celebrates Camp Med-O-Lark where I go each summer for 6 weeks. The enamel represents my new "Weirdo Enameling" class there with doing eutectic enameling, the heart represents that I love teaching, the stars represent my students who are so wonderful and create just great pieces. This uses vitreous unleaded enamel on copper with fine silver balls and twisted wire and flower wafers on top, glass beads, metal star, Swarovski Crystal star, lampwork heart and dot brads. Anyone up for trading?

Please note that next summer I will be looking for beading counselors (I run the beading, enameling and metals studios), so if you know college students looking for a great summer job, please have them contact me (karen@kcEnamels.com). I'm especially looking for someone to teach wire work for beaders.

Have a Beady Good Day, Karen